There are many ways of getting involved and helping out depending on time, expertise, and commitment you can offer.
Find us on Facebook.
Sign up for occasional email updates - email us.
Join us as a supporter: the more real people we can number as supporters the more likely potential funders will take us seriously - please get in touch us.
Help out from time to time
(No special knowledge or experience needed.)
- help man a stall at a show
- distribute posters or flyers for an event
- take photographs.
Help with practical conservation volunteer work on projects
If you would like to help out on practical conservation projects, please get in touch with our sister group Harlow Conservation Volunteers.
Help with Project Development Work
Some experience of practical conservation work, project management, grant application, or knowledge of natural history would be useful, but interest and a willingness to learn are more important. Experience gained here would be extremely useful to any student wishing to pursue a career in the field.
- help with ecological surveys
- develop project specifications
- put together project budgets and schedules
- investigate suppliers and get quotes
- investigate sources of funding
- write grant applications.
Some knowledge, enthusiasm, or flair for graphic design and associated computer software would be useful, but as above interest and a willingness to learn are more important.
- design a poster or flyer
- put together a webpage
- develop presence on social media.
Help of a professional nature
If you are professionally qualified or have professional knowledge in a relevant area, any help you could give would be extremely useful: e.g. ecologist, architect, landscape architect, structural engineer, accountant, legal.
Organizational and Committee work
The committee typically meets once every couple of months, or on an ad-hoc basis more frequently at critical points during a project.
- serve as book-keeper/treasurer
- take and write up meeting minutes
- chair meetings
- investigate charitable status and possible corporate governance vehicles.
For any of these ways of getting involved please have a chat with any of the committee members.